Your Better-Sleep Checklist
This checklist is for those who have attended my presentation, "Mindfulness as a Sleep Aid"
It was my pleasure to present on Mindfulness, and I hope you learned new ideas and methods and will apply them to your sleep! Below is a checklist for you to help keep you on track with practicing these new thoughts, behaviors and routines. Feel free to print it out and use it every week!
Also, if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment with me to help manage your insomnia...or talk about other life issues that may be impacting your sleep and life...please email me by double clicking here or using the form in my page on this site. (You may also call me if you prefer by clicking here). Remember, your health insurance may cover these sessions and improve the quality of your life.
Your sleep checklist: 7 ways to get better sleep. Start them tonight!
- Do a breathing exercise (pranayama) you learned.
- Practice a concentration exercise (dharana) you learned.
- Turn off your electronic devices an hour before sleep . . .
and don't bring them to bed!
- Limit food and liquid intake 2 hours before you get into bed; if so, go lightly,
i.e., a small salad, piece of fruit, a few sips of water.
- Dim your lights one hour before bed.
- When you get sleepy, get into bed.
- Cover your bedroom clock.